An Introduction to the Practice and Theory of TRE
5 – 6 April 2019
9.30 am to 5.30pm
This 2 day workshop will be led by Steph Hodgson supported by Lisa Milnor.
David Berceli’s tension and trauma releasing exercises (TRE) are an amazing tool for helping the body let go of deep, chronic patterns. They are remarkably simple and the process of change they facilitate is very easy to self regulate. The goal of the exercises is to start a self directed tremoring process. The tremors are deeply natural and release tension and trauma held in the body. Once you have learnt the exercises, and can feel and allow the tremors, you just let the body do its own healing and clearing out of overwhelming experiences. It really can be that easy.
Learn to feel the power of shaking in a safe supported group. The course will be very practical. In the morning and afternoon sessions you will be supported through the exercises and tremors. There will be lots of time to learn about the theory of TRE, discussion and sharing of experiences.
TRE is a great self regulating tool. A simple set of exercises are used to trigger therapeutic tremors in the body. The tremors help reset the reflexes and habits in the central nervous system. In tension and trauma the old parts of the brain get stuck in defence strategies making us tight and contracted prepared for fight-or-flight or freezing the body. TRE is a safe and easy way of releasing tension and waking up your body.
You will learn:
- An introduction to TRE and your personal tremoring process
- The theory about how TRE can help with tiredness, anxiety, pain and trauma
- How to start and stop therapeutic tremors
- About the body and the defence cascades of fight-or-flight and freeze
- Each morning and afternoon you will be guided through the exercises and the tremoring process, learning how to “go slow,” and safely regulate your process
- An introduction to the anatomy, physiology and neurology of the stress response and trauma
- Containment, grounding, self-regulation skills
The TRE Introductory Day is open to everyone. You can attend to learn about using the tremors to support your own health. You will learn about being in your body and self regulating in response to tension, stress and trauma.
Based on the Broughton Hall Estate, and delivered by trainers with a deep belief that an understanding of the world must first come from an understanding of oneself, the retreat features HeartMath and belief workshops, Leadership Embodiment training, mindfulness practise, Reiki and a guided walk in the Dales.
More details and full booking information
available on the Shaping Clarity website:
You can also email email@example.com