Photography & Wellbeing Retreat
with Margaret Soraya
TRY FOREST BATHING, OUTDOOR SWIMMING AND HOLISTIC THERAPIES AT THE AVALON WELLBEING CENTRE ON THE 3000-ACRE BROUGHTON HALL ESTATE, ALONGSIDE DEVELOPING YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY.
10 - 14 June 2019
NOURISH YOUR BODY, MIND & CREATIVITY
When you take time out for yourself to feed your soul and take care of your body, you’re able to show up better for yourself, your family and friends. It also allows you to see your life, relationships and meaning more clearly.
This photography-led four-night, three-day retreat at the Avalon Wellbeing Centre on the 3000-acre Broughton Hall Estate is just such a break. Whether your photography is using an iPhone to capture the everyday or professional level equipment used in your job, this is a time to revel in the enjoyment and passion of image-making within nature.
Through quiet, stillness and slowing down in nature, you will rest, recover and find your path, alongside luxury treatments available to you daily and included in the retreat fee.
This is a retreat for those who love quiet, the outdoors and are interested in well-being through nature and mindful photography.
Our daily schedules are designed to include many of the following, weather permitting.
- Inspirational talks, slideshows & short films from Margaret’s image making around the world. The aim is to inspire you to do the things you want to do in life and to give you the tools to achieve this. This will take place in the Sanctuary each day and allow for opportunities to discuss your own goals, dreams and works.
- One very special treatment each day from Avalon’s very own holistic guides – sound meditations & yoga.
- Dedicated time within the state of the art Avalon Wellbeing Centre. Including use of the Sauna, Hydro-Massage Pool, Clear Pool, Relaxation Room and Conscious Library.
- A healthy, freshly prepared, plant based breakfast, lunch & dinner at the beautiful Utopia Bistro within the walled garden.
- Photo walks in nature led by Margaret on the 3000 acre private estate
- Outdoor swimming taster sessions (optional !)
- Forest bathing
- Outdoor Fire pit experience to warm up after time outdoors
Your leader Margaret Soraya
Margaret specialises in photographing some of Scotland’s most remote and wild places. She lives on the shores of Loch Ness and has spent years capturing the loch and surrounding countryside.
Margaret is fascinated by the connection between wellness and being in nature, studying how nature heals, immersion in the landscape and indeed, in water is beneficial and how solitude in the outdoors can be supportive for introverts.
She has photographed landscapes for more than 23 years throughout Scotland and with commissions including travel to Iceland, Croatia, Italy and Swaziland. Her work has been published in National Geographic Traveller, Outdoor Photography Magazine, Rough Guides and regularly features in Scottish broadsheets.
Booking and further information
Retreat cost: £1300 single. Shared twin room £1150
Included: Accommodation at Eden, freshly prepared plant-based breakfast, lunch & evening meal at the Utopia Bistro, use of Avalon Wellbeing Centre, one holistic therapy a day, forest bathing, outdoor swimming and mindful photography instruction and teaching.
Excluded: Drinks, insurance and travel to Broughton Hall.
Leader: Margaret Soraya